MADE School is the post-diploma specialization course in Reception Management and Food and Wine Disciplines created by Fondazione Campus in collaboration with Fondazione Palazzo Boccella, the 16th-century building hosting the course.
The training project is intended for students and professionals who wish to specialize in the fields of food and wine and of reception.
The intensive formula of the course includes 6 months of taught lessons with teachers from the Universities of Pisa and Padua, professionals and managers of the sector, and 400 hours of curricular internship in Italy or abroad.
- Analysis of the food and wine sector
- Reception Management
- Business models for food and wine
- Sensory analysis
- Food quality and safety (+HACCP)
- Catering marketing
- Accounting for food service
- Cost analysis
- Catering laws
- Food technologies
- Territorial planning for reception and the food and wine sector
- Gastronomy workshop
- Reception, room organization and banqueting workshop
- Event organization workshop
- English for hospitality workshop
- Workshop on technologies for the communication of tourist companies and the territory
The college formula with accommodation in the course location is an integral part of the training being offered, and contributes to an enriching experience for the students, who are also involved in the preparation of meals.
At the end of the course, students will be able to manage all the activities linked to catering: from recognizing the food and wine products to learning about the new trends in culinary arts, from procurement to quality control in the production and distribution of food and drinks. Moreover, students will acquire the skills being necessary to manage the organization of events and the banqueting service as well as the reception of international and multicultural clients. They will also gain the economic knowledge required for the management of marketing, costs and accounting in catering.
For further information on the course, click here.